Data Protection Directive (01.08.2015)
item Industrietechnik GmbH (hereinafter referred to as item) recognises its responsibility to take adequate measures to protect your privacy and therefore presents the following data protection declaration. We undertake to meet the following obligations with regard to the use of customer information:
1. Collecting, processing and using personal data
The only data we collect through our website is data that you freely and voluntarily provide, e.g. when registering or completing a questionnaire. Information derived from customer transactions or any other information that is made available through server access is not used for any purposes other than for the services generated via our website or for the following uses:
- Presenting item products and services
- Ascertaining the experiences and opinions of customers in relation to products and services supplied by item Industrietechnik GmbH
- Using information for special purposes for which the customer has previously granted consent
- Conducting statistical analyses on how you use our website for market research purposes and for marketing activities. During this process, data is also stored on Canadian servers, whereby data protection contracts ensure that it is processed in accordance with applicable regulations.
2. Using personal information
item uses the personal details of users appropriately and with due care and attention and will not divulge customer information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When the user has consented to item or a company affiliated with item using the data and divulging it to third parties, particularly for the purpose of sending offers and information from the affiliated partner companies. The partner companies shall not share data with third parties.
- When it is appropriate to share information and assessments with departments or affiliated companies that must be notified about customer-relevant data.
- When it is necessary to do so due to legal obligations or instructions issued by government or judicial authorities, for the preparation of negotiations to fulfil a contract with you, to protect third parties and other legal claims, or to defend against legal action
3. Google Analytics & remarketing
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how visitors use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If, however, the Anonymize IP option has been activated on this website, Google will remove the end of your IP address so it only locates you as within the member states of the European Union or other members of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and then shortened there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. Google will not associate your IP address as transmitted by Google Analytics with any other data held by Google.
We use Google Analytics on our website with the "anonymize IP" option so that your IP address is transmitted anonymously.
We also use Google remarketing functions on our website. Selected third parties use these func-tions to place advertising using cookies that have previously been saved on your computer. You can stop Google using cookies in this way by changing your Google Ads Settings.
Please contact us if you have any queries related to the item data protection guidelines.
By providing your consent, you acknowledge the right for your information to be used as per the provisions in Section 2 above. You can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. We reserve the right to contact you via the e-mail address provided in your profile in the case of any changes, updates or similar actions.
Should you have any further questions on this issue, please contact us by sending an e-mail to: datenschutz(at)item24.com.